Subject: Re: upgrade processor supported?
To: George Greene , <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/09/2001 16:01:14
At 6:45 PM -0500 3/9/01, George Greene wrote:
>I have 8600/200, 128 megs.  I would like to know if I purchase an upgrade
>card would NetBSD still run on my machine.  I'm thinking about a Sonnet G3
>500MHz and Tempo Ultra ATA66 to control hard drives.  www.sonnettech.com
>I would like to used NetBSD and use the machine as a web server.

G3, yes.

ATA 66.  Don't know, but there was some discussion of such cards a
month or two ago.  IIRC there was a card that NetBSD supported, but
did not come with OF support and another one which was available with
OF support, but insufficient technical information to allow NetBSD
support.  If you have some success please let us know.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.