Subject: Re: Macintosh 7200
To: Stephen Domorod <domorod@ntplx.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/09/2001 11:44:49
On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 09:45:48AM -0500, Stephen Domorod wrote:
> Hello all this question is in regards to installing netbsd on mac 7200
> more specifically a 601e processor. I was curious to to see if any
> developers have started working on porting to this particular Mac.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#601 addresses this, and
really, honestly is the current state of affairs.

There are very few OF based powermacs with 601s (so far as I know,
there's no such things as a 601e... at least, not in any powermacs
released from Apple), so they are not yet supported.

601 support is more likely to come by way of supporting the first
generation (nubus) powermacs, which is likely to come by merging
some mac68k techniques into the macppc port... but that gets really
messy.

If you've got a 7200, though, and some free time, feel free to
contribute to 601 support.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net