Subject: NetBSD-current panics
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Bush <mike@ieaccess.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/07/2001 14:18:01
[I tried this a week ago so the info may be off]

Can anyone boot NetBSD-current on a G4 (AGP)? How about with a Adaptec 2930
installed? I can boot the 1.5 kernel perfectly and could boot -current up to
the release of 1.5 but nothing after (it seems). I've tried -current
(GENERIC) on both a G4 350 w/ a IDE drive and G4 450 w/ SCSI drives and got
the panic at the same point on both. The panic seems to be right after
detecting a Adaptec 2930 adapter.

[something like this]
panic: ubc_init: unable to allocate ubc_object

Then it drops into the debugger but the console is dead.

Anyone else with this problem or am I just unlucky? ;P

Mike Bush