Subject: Re: Linux compatibility status
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/07/2001 08:02:22
Hi,

p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr (Emmanuel Dreyfus) wrote:

Emmanuel> I've made a web page to report Linux compatibily
Emmanuel> status on NetBSD/PowerPC.  I hope it will motivate
Emmanuel> people to help ;o)

http://gizmo.minet.net:8080/emul_linux

Well, I've set up Netscape Communicator on my iBook running
current as of yesterday kernel without knowing your page.
Yes, it works great.  Excellent!

BTW, do you have any plan to add the compat stuff to
emmulators category of our pkgsrc tree?  It has suse_*
already, but is for i386 only.  I heard of SuSE have made
ppc, sparc, or whatever version, but do not know about it.

I've installed the communicator of LinuxPPC-Halloween
version which is based on RedHat.

Emmanuel> Another point: I had no feedbacks for the paper on
Emmanuel> porting Linux compatibility to NetBSD/PowerPC. Was
Emmanuel> it perfect? I don't think so...

I can't comment on here, but it looks to me that base stuff
of compat works well.  We just find out some bugs, track
down and shoot them.

Again, thanks to your hard work!

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>