Subject: Booting G4 (again!)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Fairbrother <peter.fairbrother@ntlworld.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/06/2001 07:08:51
I have finally managed to install (using both the .elf and .xcf boot
loaders) from a hybrid HFS/ISO CD I burned myself - I couldn't get the
Mission release CD to boot. Incidently I didn't have to specify what the
bootloaders should boot, they found it themselves. Installation was reported
to be successful. Default everything.

However I can't reboot from the hard drive. I have tried:

boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf (or .elf)  (various different paths and files)
result - MAC.PARTS can't find default partition

boot hd:0,ofwboot.xcf (or .elf)  etc
result - DISK-LABEL: LOAD(noninterposed) not supportedload-size=0 adler32=1

boot hd:(any other number up to 15),ofwboot.xcf (or .elf)  etc
result - MAC-PARTS: specified partition is not valid can't OPEN

What am I doing wrong?

The hard drive works fine with Mac OS. I have OF 3, both original and
updated, and am installing onto the whole of the drive that came with the
Mac, I took out the other drives I usually have installed. ultra0 instead of
hd gives the same results. Is there a way to find out from OF what is on the
drive and the partitions etc?

Thanks
Peter Fairbrother