Subject: Re: Power Macintosh 6500/300 with 3rd party video
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Kuperman <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2001 17:20:37
Bootvars seemed to be the best answer.  The problem was I could not
set any of the boot variables. System Disk simply does not work on my
machine. With bootvars I was able both to boot into Open Firmware
2.0.3 and to use the monitor. I haven't succeeded yet in booting from
the ISO CD, yet.

As far as I can tell the install documents err when they say the
System Disk is the preferred method of installation on systems, like
the 6500, where it can't be made to work.

With bootvars I was able to change from ttya to ttyb but I was also
able simply to use the kbd and /bandit/ATY,264GT-B. I was even able to
find my 3rd party video showing up as /ATY,XCLAIMVRPPro@E, though I'm
a long way from trying to use that.

--
Josh Kuperman