Subject: New Install: ppc 7600/132, mesh timeout
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: R.T. Hamilton Brown <rtbrown@kelseygroup.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/01/2001 18:00:53
I'm trying to install on a 7600/132. Here are the vitals and steps I've
taken:

1.) Downloaded and ran SystemDisk 2.3.1 & updated with OF1.0.5 patch
2.) followed instructions to boot into Open Firmware
	- running SystemDisk(patched), advanced, selecting Open Firmware
	- reboot
	- since this machine has OF1.0.5, I set the following:
		0 > setenv load-base 600000
		0 > setenv real-base F00000
		0 > reset-all
3.) At this point I do this:
		0 > boot fd:0
4.) The machine boots from floppy fine. Runs the install program
great...downloads the distribution great (thank God for cable modems).
However at some point during or after the extraction...she hangs...

with the following message:

mesh: timeout state=3D3
mesh: resetting dma=20

So, how do I boot from sd0? I'm assuming I need to resolve this "mesh"
issue first? This is to be a dedicated netbsd box, with no other OS.

Thanks for any suggestions....