Subject: OF/serial console for 8600/200
To: netbsd/macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/01/2001 14:07:42
I'm having some trouble getting started with an 8600/200.

With the patched SystemDisk, I can get into OF with the keyboard and
onboard video.  When I then attempt to boot from cd, I get the "CLAIM
failed" message.  As suggested in the install docs, I tried the boot
command again with the same result.

Now I am trying to use a serial console, but I've been unable to make it
work.  I've tried using two different machines for this purpose:  a
PowerBook 3400c running ZTerm, and a Dell PC running HyperTerminal.
Both were set to 38400 bps, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no
handshaking.  I've set the output-device and input-device to ttya, but
no OF prompt ever shows up in the term emulator's window.

Any suggestions?

Phil