Subject: Re: G4 graphics
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/28/2001 15:13:21
* Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at> menulis:

>   Since I seem to have borken my OF settings, so that it doesn't
> initialize the graphics card properly anymore and always comes
> up in 640x480, I couldn'nt run Xmacppc any more and decided to
> give XF86 4.0.1 (the snapshot from wiz) a try.
>
>   I hit a few problems, neither 16 nor 24 bit depth modes seem
> to work (I get strange distortions and snowy stripes in those),
> the 8bpp mode seems all right.
>
>   I had the additional problem, that X wasn't getting any input
> events, so I removed wscons=YES from rc.conf -- and now I indeed
> have X running with a decent resolution (if not a decent depth)

You might be able to up the resolution by booting back into MacOS (if
you still have it installed :), then opening the monitors control panel.
It'll probably still be set to the higher resolution you had before,
just switch it to a different one, and then switch it back to the
resolution you want.  Doing this seems to set whatever OF setting
controls the resolution on startup.

--
Cliff Crawford                 http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
"huh?  Are you all there?  You missing some key parts up there?  Becoming