Subject: Re: JDK status (was: Re: Netscape on macppc: it works!)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/27/2001 22:21:22
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Bill Studenmund wrote:

: > LinuxThreads uses clone() to do threading. We have a clone() emulation
: > syscall, but it's completely borked at the moment, and I don't know if it
: > will ever get fixed.  (Processes start out OK, then a signal arrives and
: > they just hang.)
:
: There's no way to get them to run Green threads? The Sun 1.3.0 JDK/JRE
: runs fine on i386, so unless the JDK folks dropped green threads, it
: should be feasable....

That entirely depends on what the Blackdown people have done.  I don't have
a ppc on which to test.

So ... "try it!"  ("java -green", or edit jvm.conf.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/