Subject: Re: Netscape on macppc: it works!
To: Christian Foerster <chris@cyte.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/26/2001 16:31:11
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Christian Foerster wrote:

> since nobody on this list here seems really to appreciate the work=20
> done by Emmanuel on linux emulation - I do it very much!

A number of us really do appreciate this work. I personally just haven't
used the public lists as my forum for telling Emmanuel that. :-)

> The missing JDK and some other stuff made me install LinuxPPC again,=20
> although I=B4m much more into BSD. So I love to see the linux emulation=
=20

What missing JDK? Is it just we don't have a package of the linux JDK, or
does the linuxppc JDK not work?

> feature. Has someone yet tried to get MOL working in emulation mode=20
> or would this be impossible?

I've looked at MOL, and was interested. I just didn't have time to work on
it.

Running MOL in linux emulation won't work. MOL changes the linux kernel,
while our linux emulation makes our kernel look like the linux kernel.
adds a MacOS emulation to Linux. :-)

Take care,

Bill