Subject: ADB, USB on Powerbook 3400 woes
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/26/2001 22:42:36
Dear all,
In the next few days I will finally get around to installing NetBSD on my
PB3400 (backups over the net at 2.5 MB/min _do_ test your patience!). As
far as muti-button mice go, I have seen expensive, new  ADB trackballs
($79 or more), used multi-button ADB devices of unknown origin for $19,
and USB PC cards. Now, I'm probably not shelling out close to a hundred
bucks on an ABD trackball, so what are  the chances of getting an unknown
ADB device to work?
As for USB, I have only found Cardbus USB cards. The 3400 does not support
Cardbus cards, but a company does offer Cardbus upgrades for it. I _could_
consider modernizing my PB and get USB, Firewire etc. Does anyone have
experience with this kind of operation, and would it work with NetBSD?
http://store.powerbook1.com/mcecarupser.html
Many question...
Best regards,
Hans-Christian