Subject: Blue & White G3 Install
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Vickie Jean- Charles <muscadin@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/23/2001 09:31:42
Greetings Everybody,

Well, I think I may be getting somewhere.  I just need a little boost.

I decided to try and boot off an HFS partition.  I copied everything from the "/macppc/installation" folder to my hd w/ Mac OS 9.0.4.  Then, I restarted the computer into Open Firmware and typed the following commands:

load ofwboot.xcf
boot ofwboot.xcf

That seemed to work for a minute, but then I got an error that it couldn't find or load something.  Then I tried different variations such as:

load boot.fs
boot boot.fs

load ofwboot.xlf
boot ofwboot.xlf

load ofwboot.xcf
mac-boot

I still keep getting the same "couldn't find........." or "couldn't load........" message. Can someone provide some insight on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Salaam (Peace),

Vickie
"People are like tea bags - you have to put them in hot water before you know how strong they are."
Church unknown

Salaam (Peace),

Vickie