Subject: Re: Some Help with SendMail, Please?
To: Mike Bush <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/22/2001 11:48:22
Thanks for pointing out that I should look in /var/spool/mqueue like
it said in the output I posted!  I told you I had a bad attitude on
this subject |-(

At 1:42 PM -0600 2/22/01, Mike Bush wrote:
>They are waiting to be sent. Can you 'nslookup hotzsun.jpl.nasa.gov' on that
>machine? If not, make sure named is running or fix your /etc/resolv.conf

Generally yes, no problem.  There are occasional glitches.

>If the messages arent important kill sendmail and clean out
>/var/spool/mqueue (restarting sendmail when your finished).

The messages are most likely daily output like the one that includes
the complaint about the 4 queued requests ;-)

I actually have sendmail turned off in rc.config on this machine.
Outgoing mail gets out anyway though.  Hmmm. . .  Oh well.  DFIIIAB
(Don't Fix It If It Ain't Broke).

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.