Subject: Sound on a beige G3 under 1.5
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2001 17:35:28

--0-463667420-982805728=:1951

I've not got it working, and I am wondering if anyone else has it working.

My setup:

I have an early Beige G3, and have the speakers hooked up to the headphone
port. On boot I hear the "Bong", so I know I have things hooked up right.

My kernel config is stripped down (no bandit nor uninorth supprot), but
has awacs*  at obio? and audio* at awacs?. On boot I see:

awacs0 at obio0 offset 0x14000: irq 17,8,9
audio0 at awacs0: full duplex

I'm testing making sound using audioplay and playing .wav files.

The problem is I don't hear anything!

I've tried both the awacs driver (*) on the 1.5 branch and pulling the
latest version of the driver into my source. Neither version makes sound.

(*) I had to add a "#include <vm/vm.h>" line before the #include
<uvm/uvm_extern.h> in awacs.c. I've already requested a pullup.

I'm attaching the output of audioctl -a.

Any suggestions?

Take care,

Bill

--0-463667420-982805728=:1951
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--0-463667420-982805728=:1951--