Subject: Cross OS really long file-name FS
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Lamblin <daniell@slithy.toves.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/19/2001 14:00:43
I have a 40Gb drive I wish to commonly share accross all my occasionally booted
OSes, namely Mac OS 9, BeOS, GNU/Linux (ppc) debian, NetBSD!(yay)

now I really like the BFS, but as far as I can tell only Be works with it, and
MacOS never will.

I was thinking of formatting this drive with HFS, but I think I need to use
HFS+ due to the capacity; however a bigger issue has arisen:

I want to have long filename (really long, not just 32 chars) supported on
most if not all the OSes when reading and writing to that disk.

Does anyone have any ideas for a good way to make this happen (barring Network
attached storage and such)?

thanks,
-Daniel

ps; have I just stumbled into a kernel specific list, and if so should I be
posting this elsewhere?