Subject: Re: How does one install NetBSD on a mac cube?
To: Dave Low <supermac@hawaii.rr.com>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2001 22:49:10
* Dave Low <supermac@hawaii.rr.com> menulis:

> Do keep the following in mind.  (You didn't say whether you successfully
> went through the install process, as this is an important note for booting
> after the install is complete.)  OFW 3 requires that the OFW booter reside
> on the HFS partition -- even though the NetBSD kernel is on a BSD (ffs)
> partition.  You need to copy ofwboot.xcf to the top of your MacOS boot
> partition so that it can be found at the OFW prompt with "boot
> hd:,ofwboot.xcf".

For OFW3, you're supposed to use ofwboot.elf, not ofwboot.xcf...I don't know
if the xcoff version will work or not, but the elf version definitely will
boot.

<http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/iBook2/> has lots of tips for
installing on new world machines, including the cube.

--
Cliff Crawford                 http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
"huh?  Are you all there?  You missing some key parts up there?  Becoming