Subject: Re: USB hotplug?
To: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/15/2001 05:37:32
John Valdes wrote:

> Should USB hot plug work?

Yes.

>  If so, are there any daemons or commands
> which should be run in order for it to work?

No.

>  Is there anything that's
> not in the GENERIC kernel which should be in order for this to work?

No.

> Is hot plug dependent on the specific USB device being used?

No.

So, in short, I'm not sure why its not working for you.  It seems that
the kernel doesn't notice device changes, which means that the
USB hub has not sent any information about the change.
Do you have this problem only with the root hub (i.e. the one on
your machine) or further hubs plugged in to the machine?

--

        -- Lennart