Subject: Re: USB hotplug?
To: NetBSD/macppc list <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/14/2001 23:09:26
On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 05:37:32AM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> I wrote:
>
> > Should USB hot plug work?
>
> So, in short, I'm not sure why its not working for you.  It seems that
> the kernel doesn't notice device changes, which means that the
> USB hub has not sent any information about the change.
> Do you have this problem only with the root hub (i.e. the one on
> your machine) or further hubs plugged in to the machine?

This is with the root hub built into the PowerBook (I don't have an
external hub).  It's possible there's something wrong w/ the USB in my
PowerBook; when installing Palm Desktop s/w on the MacOS side, it
didn't always recognize my Palm USB serial port adapter; I assumed
this was flakiness in the Palm USB drivers though.  The mouse always
seems to work, but I haven't tested it that much though (can't make
use of the other buttons under MacOS, so there wasn't much point... ;) ).

Have other PowerBook users successfully hot plugged devices directly
in their PowerBooks?

John