Subject: PowerBook G3 SCSI?
To: NetBSD/macppc list <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/14/2001 22:08:56
Hello all,

Continuing w/ my questions (see disclaimer at the beginning of my "USB
hot plug?" email)... :)

Is the external SCSI port on the PowerBook G3 Lombard supported in
NetBSD 1.5 (release)?  At boot, the kernel reports:

  /netbsd: scsi at obio0 offset 0x10000 not configured

On another OS (which shall remain nameless :) ), the scsi interface
shows up as:

  kernel: scsi0 : MESH

I've enabled both esp & mesh SCSI in the kernel config file:

  esp*    at obio? flags 0x00ff           # 53c9x SCSI
  mesh*   at obio? flags 0xffff           # MESH SCSI

but the interface still comes up as unconfigured at boot.

Should the mesh driver or some other attach to this device?  Just
curious...

TIA,

John