Subject: Re: Open firmware
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Escobedo <jescob2@uic.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/14/2001 09:40:47
This is documented in the installation docs, about 27 pages in (i ran into
the same troubles installing on an Apple Network Server 500).  The docs
suggest trying to boot command a second time.  If that doesn't work, use a
serial console to interface with OF.  Many models just won't boot while
using the keyboard and onboard video. =20

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Louis DiLello wrote:

> In open firmware 2.0 I attempted to change boot-device to ide:0 and since
> then on boot  I get =B3DEFAULT CATCH!, code=3DFFFFFFFFF6 at ...=B2  I hav=
e no idea
> whats going on, please help.
>=20
> Thanks