Subject: Re: Powerbook 3400, mouse questions
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/13/2001 18:55:22
On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 12:23:01PM -0800, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> >2. What choices are there for three-button mice? I don't have a USB card.
>
> Maybe look at the mac68k FAQ for a starting point?  Not sure how much
> of the special mouse support was carried over.  Maybe none.  |-(

I've successfully used a Mouse Systems A3 three-button ADB mouse on
mac68k under NetBSD 1.4.  Looks like some (all?) of the ADB mouse
handling code is in /usr/src/sys/arch/macppc/dev/ams.c.
Unfortunately, my macppc is USB, not ADB, so I can't try the A3 to see
if it works.  Also, I don't know how easily it is to find the A3
anymore; I found mine by simply walking into a CompUSA, but that was a
couple of years ago...

John