Subject: Re: booting on a G3 series powerbook (OF-2.0.1)
To: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/11/2001 20:21:35
> To my understanding, with OF 2 or OF 1, you can not easily=20
> have MacOS and NetBSD resided on the same disk (and bootable).

I understood that. I thought about having a floppy with the bootstrap
code, and then boot the kernel on an FFS partition. I'm sure this is
possible,  can get the bootstrap prompt for the boot device, but I'm
unable to boot on the kernel on the ffs partition.

The kernel is on /dev/wd0f. What is the corresponding OF device on
powerbook G3 series?
I tried typing

boot fd:0 ata0/disk@0:2/netbsd

But it does not work (file not found. Obvously, it seeks it on the
floppy).
--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
"L'achitecture x86 est impossible =E0 aimer." (John Hennessy)
p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr