Subject: Re: powerbook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jens Schmalzing <jens@tac.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/10/2001 18:26:11
Hi,

Tim Moore writes:

> how long until there's a release that supports the PISMO powerbook ?
>=20
> I've just spent ages trying to get it to work, but I can't manage to
> get around this keyboard problem.
>=20
> (even with all the patches and stuff people are talking about ... I
> just want it to work !)

My Pismo is running nicely with NetBSD-1.5.  I simply followed the
instructions at http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/iBook2/ to get a
basic system installed.  Compiling my own kernel was no problem with
the dev-adb patch, and I also got XFree86 in 24bit colordepth working
thanks to Tsubai's patches.  So apparently it is doable.

If you could be a bit more specific about what you did and how it
failed, somebody might be able to help you with your problem.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!