Subject: Re: PowerMac 4400 powerup?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/10/2001 10:51:41
>> (1) Is there anything analogous to Cmd-Option-O-F for serial
>> console?  That is, if I have auto-boot? set true, is there any way
>> to intervene at reset time to drop into OF instead?
> I supposed sending a BREAK would do that (but actually never came
> around to build a serial cable for my 4400.

Well, I may try it sometime, then - at worst I'll end up unable to get
into OF and I'll have to reconnect the keyboard and monitor from my
IIci and use the four-finger method, same as I did when I first bought
the machine.

>> (2) Is there any way to make it power up upon mains power returning,
>> if it was powered on when mains power failed?  (I hate soft power.)
> Yes, it can be programmed into the power controller.  Unfortunately,
> I think you need to boot MacOS to do this.  Someone (tm) should
> change this!

Heh.  I'd be happy to do the changes.  If, of course, someone would
only give me (or point me at) the relevant hardware doco. :-/  UTSLing,
it appears to be dependent on the interface to ADB device 1...which I
suppose isn't documented anywhere :-/

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca