Subject: Re: newfs is blowing my hfs
To: parker@zeroecho.com, netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/06/2001 16:01:01
At 10:28 AM -0700 2/6/01, Parker wrote:
>iMac! Otherwise I'll just wait until NetBSD supports having ofwboot from a
>regular 4.2BSD partition (will that ever happen for macs???). So
>much to learn.

An attempt has been made to create boot blocks which will load
ofwboot without understanding any filesystem.  Unfortunately we don't
know how to get those boot blocks recognized by the boot process in
general, only for the specific case of a NetBSD-only disk.

This makes it sound like the standard sysinst process should have
doen what you wanted.  Or am I missing something, like the standard
process doesn't work for OF 3 machines?

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.