Subject: Re: newfs is blowing my hfs
To: Parker <parker@zeroecho.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/06/2001 12:56:23
> [...] for others that just want a single-disk NetBSD only iMac!

I'm running such a machine at one of my workplaces right now.  The disk
has no traces of MacOS on it, not even an Apple partition map, as far
as I can tell.

However, I cheated slightly: OF thinks the machine is netbooting.  The
OF settings are

boot-device	enet:0,ofwboot.elf
boot-file	hd:0,netbsd

and it does a bootp/dhcp for its address, loads ofwboot.elf via tftp,
and then doesn't go near the network again until the kernel is up.

Of course, that's not much help unless you have another machine on the
same network that can play boot server.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca