Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5 on 7500 with 604
To: None <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/04/2001 15:41:55
At 1:22 AM -0800 2/3/01, James Tuman Nelson wrote:
>I patched System Disk with ResEdit, following the directions.  I only
>installed the video patch.  No luck.
>
>Monroe Williams indicates his video "comes up at 60 Hz every time" in
>his e-mail response to Michael Wolfson regarding the System Disk patch,
>listed in the System Disk tutorial.  My video under OF comes up at 67 Hz
>when set to /chaos/control.  Is this correct?

I think that's correct.  He only intended the 60 to be approximate.
I don't know what to make of the report of 120 Hz, really.  I suppose
it's a reporting error or else a symptom of incorrect initialization.

>As indicated earlier, kbd works.  I  get a white screen, just no
>character output.
>
>I tried changing the delay from 2 ms to 5, 10, and 100 ms, but no luck.
>I presume this was the right variable.

Can only presume likewise.

>I also tried deleting the Apple patches in System Disk, but no luck either.

|-(

Still like you to try a different monitor or an oscilloscope, but I
know that's more work.  Good luck.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.