Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5 on 7500 with 604
To: None <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: James Tuman Nelson <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/03/2001 01:22:56
I patched System Disk with ResEdit, following the directions.  I only
installed the video patch.  No luck.

Monroe Williams indicates his video "comes up at 60 Hz every time" in
his e-mail response to Michael Wolfson regarding the System Disk patch,
listed in the System Disk tutorial.  My video under OF comes up at 67 Hz
when set to /chaos/control.  Is this correct?

As indicated earlier, kbd works.  I  get a white screen, just no
character output.

I tried changing the delay from 2 ms to 5, 10, and 100 ms, but no luck.
I presume this was the right variable.

I also tried deleting the Apple patches in System Disk, but no luck either.

Jim Nelson