Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5 on 7500 with 604
To: None <jimtnelson@earthlink.net, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/02/2001 16:02:37
	In all of the systems I've looked inside of, with the exception of some 68k
macs, and the 71xx and 81xx (which were on NuBus cards), the video controller
is within 2" of the DB-15 connector. If you're lucky, it might even be labeled
on the motherboard with "PlanX" or whatever it is that OFW calls it.
	The only V.C. manufacturers that I know of on Apple boards are: ATI, Cirrus
Logic (CL), BrookTree (Bt, [now ConeXant(SP?)]), IXmicro (now IMS, maker of the
Twin Turbo 128), "Number 9", and possibly Texas Instruments (TI). I don't
recall who made the chip for the Valkyre, but I think it was Cirrus Logic,
there is also a remote possibility of an S3, Trident, VLSI, or DEC V.C., but
not likely.

	Chris

James Tuman Nelson wrote:

> Interesting.  I'll have to check.  Where on the mother board does one look?
>
> Jim Nelson
<snip>