Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5 on 7500 with 604
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/02/2001 14:12:38
On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 09:44:10AM -0800, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> How useful depends on your hardware.  I have a 7500 and an 8500 that
> don't really need the video patch, though they are more consistent
> with it.  I have a second 8500 that just doesn't work without it at
> all.  My 7500 seems to need the wBoot patch about 50% of the time
> when booted directly from power-up and the other two run MacOS a lot
> or aren't fully set up yet so I can only tell it's not needed after
> the disks have spun up.

My 7500 requires the wBoot any time it comes up cold (just the four
finger salute or a shutdown -r now will let it come back up again,
but if the machine is powered down, it needs wBoot), and I guess my
video is "more consistent" with the video patch, as in it takes
about three tries instead of, like, fifteen.

OF 1.0.5 is just broken; few other ways around it.

Speaking of which, now that I've topped 150 days uptime, time to
upgrade that box to 1.5...

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net