Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5 on 7500 with 604
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@del.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/01/2001 23:35:20
on 2/1/01 2:35 PM, James T. Nelson at jnelson@wiai.com wrote something like:

>> ofb0 at pci1 dev 11 function 0: Apple Computer Control
>> ofb0: 640 x 480, 8bpp
>> wsdisplay0 at ofb0: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
>
> This is where mine differs.  See below.
>
>> Apple Computer PlanB (undefined subclass 0x00, revision 0x01) at pci1 dev
>> 13 function 0 not configured

    It is entirely possible that you have two different revisions of the
Motherboard, and hence two slightly different ROM revisions and/or Video
controllers. Care to check what the ROM version is with TechTool or Apple
System Profiler? Should be $7xDxx or something along those lines. I wonder
if PlanB is the "Platinum" video chip that doesn't work on a few other
boxes, or even possibly Valkrye *shudder*... A trip to the motherboard might
yield some clues. If I had to guess, I'd bet that one of these motherboards
is using a Cirrus Logic chip, and one is using a BrookTree [Bt] (Now
Conexant) chip. I wouldn't put it past Apple...

    Chris

--

Murphy was an optimist.