Subject: Load average >= .50
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/01/2001 08:42:30
My spiffy new MacPPC machine consistently has a load average > .40.  It
looks like it hovers around .5.

This would be fine if it were doing something, but it's not.  It has this
load average as a minimum.  It's like someone dropped a .5 into the
calculation as a base.

I'm pretty sure it's not some background process chowing down on resources.
I've been pretty thorough with ps, accounting and top.  THere's nothing
there.  It looks like a miscalculation of the number.

Has anyone seen this?  The machine is running normally.  Stable, quick,
functional.  (This is a NetBSD 1.5 box running on a PowerCenter 132
with a Sonnett 300 Mhz G3 in it.  Kernel stock except for
Cyclades serial driver mods, backside cache enabled, and mod to fix
PPP delays in extintr.c)

-dgl-