Subject: Next question: X on iMac DV?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Howard <ahoward@sagan.usc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2001 23:55:38
My apologies for being such a pain, but...

Is there any information out there on configuring X for macppc?  Reading
some of the archived mail, the implication is that there is no equivalent
of the XF86Config file.  Sooo... I tried typing startx and got:
    ukbd_enable: ukbd0: bad call on=1
The server appears to start anyway, but I get about half a screen of
garbled yuck, which I *think* is supposed to be an xterm.  Typing exit
will drop me back to the text shell.  There doesnt appear to be any
macppc-specific information in man or the X11R6 tree, so what am I
supposed to do now?

	Andrew

P.S. I am not having fun anymore.

Andrew Howard                           email: ahoward@pollux.usc.edu
Department of Computer Science          http:  www-robotics.usc.edu/~ahoward
University of Southern California       phone: 1 (213) 740 6416
Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A. 90089-0781      fax:   1 (213) 740 7512
    << Insert pithy saying here >>>