Subject: Re: How to boot netbsd on iMac...
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Emre <emre@srengineering.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2001 15:40:43
On Sunday 28 January 2001 14:06 US Central Time, Todd Vierling wrote:

> As a stopgap?  That should be fine.  (Presuming you have *no* MacOS install
> left...  if you do, you can put it on that partition.)
>
> The boot command should be similar to:
>
>     boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf hd:,netbsd
>
> I'm not sure if that will actually work; you may need to supply the
> ask-for-kernel option (...ofwboot.xcf -a).

Todd,

Thanks for all the help.   My iMac runs NetBSD now :-)
I did exactly that, first boot ofwboot.xcf from the CD, then boot hd:0,netbsd
and it worked fine...right now I'm trying to compile windowmaker :-)

Thanks for the help again!

--
Emre Yildirim, Information Security Officer
GPG KeyID 0x92FE42F4 | http://1086362465/emre-dsa.asc