Subject: Re: How to boot netbsd on iMac...
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2001 15:08:10
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Bob Nestor wrote:

: I don't doubt this is true, but it makes me wonder how MacOS X loads on
: my system which has OFW 3.  There isn't anything on the HFS/HFS+ side
: that I can see, but running System Disk seems to set some variables which
: cause it to boot directly into OS X on the UFS filesystem.  Any idea how
: that works or if it would be helpful for booting NetBSD?

There are magical CHRP scripts, along with a blessed System Folder and other
filesystem knickknacks, which the OFW ROM will see and treat "specially".

NetBSD doesn't depend on such a populated HFS filesystem -- or any HFS
filesystem at all, for that matter.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/