Subject: Re: How to boot netbsd on iMac...
To: Emre <emre@srengineering.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2001 15:06:45
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Emre wrote:

: > So does that mean that I have to reinstall NetBSD, specify the first
: > partition as HFS, and copy the ofwboot.elf or ofwboot.xcf file onto that
: > partition?  Does the installer support that filesystem?
:
: Ack!  Nevermind,
: ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/macppc/INSTALL.html says the
: installer can't create HFS or HFS+ filesystems.  I think I'm just going to
: boot ofwboot.xcf using the CD and then load the kernel from the hd...is that
: possible?

As a stopgap?  That should be fine.  (Presuming you have *no* MacOS install
left...  if you do, you can put it on that partition.)

The boot command should be similar to:

    boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf hd:,netbsd

I'm not sure if that will actually work; you may need to supply the
ask-for-kernel option (...ofwboot.xcf -a).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/