Subject: Re: How to boot netbsd on iMac...
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2001 14:03:41
Todd Vierling wrote:

>On OFW 3, you need at least a small OFW partition containing "ofwboot.xcf"
>and/or "ofwboot.elf" (which one doesn't really matter).  OFW 3 will,
>unfortunately, only load a file in OFW from a HFS partition.

I don't doubt this is true, but it makes me wonder how MacOS X loads on
my system which has OFW 3.  There isn't anything on the HFS/HFS+ side
that I can see, but running System Disk seems to set some variables which
cause it to boot directly into OS X on the UFS filesystem.  Any idea how
that works or if it would be helpful for booting NetBSD?

-bob