Subject: Re(2): anyone up for porting hxd to NetBSD???
To: None <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2001 10:10:22
hello Emmanuel,

its not really necessary to make it a package, but i thought this way
other users could benefit from this efford.
here comes a more detailed desrciption of what i did sofar.

i compiled hxd-0.1.33 enabling hotlineserver and exec [to utilize the
find command]. at first everything seemed to work fine except for the
find command.
when i get the userinfo from a user currently downloading i get the foll=
owing:

   name: [removed]
  login: [removed]
address: [removed]
 userid:
    uid: 3
  color: 2
   icon: 13601
 - Downloads -
Mac OS X 4k17=B7image
0.00kB of 640.29MB, SPD: 0.00B/s, ETA: 24855d3:14:07s
 - Uploads -

no matter what speeds the user is getting this info always comes up like=
 this.

next thing i installed the readline lib from gnu.org [there is some
readme on vivahx.com about installing hxd on darwin] and tried to compil=
enabling the pthread option. this efford returns the following error:
---------------
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W -DHAVE=5FCONFIG=5FH -D=5FREENTRANT -D=5FGNU=5FSOURCE=
  -I. -c fd.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W -DHAVE=5FCONFIG=5FH -D=5FREENTRANT -D=5FGNU=5FSOURCE=
  -I. -c
version.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W -DHAVE=5FCONFIG=5FH -D=5FREENTRANT -D=5FGNU=5FSOURCE=
  -I. -c
xmalloc.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W -DHAVE=5FCONFIG=5FH -D=5FREENTRANT -D=5FGNU=5FSOURCE=
  -I. -c
snprintf.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W -DHAVE=5FCONFIG=5FH -D=5FREENTRANT -D=5FGNU=5FSOURCE=
  -I. -c
inet=5Fntoa=5Fr.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W -DHAVE=5FCONFIG=5FH -D=5FREENTRANT -D=5FGNU=5FSOURCE=
  -I. -c
accounts.c
In file included from accounts.c:14:
hxd.h:23: pthread.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
---------------
then there is another bug/error where a download slot is still recognize=
as being used even though the user aborted the download. then the built
in Q enforcement tells the user to only download one at a time [or 2 if
the max downloads is set to 2 and so on].

to recap, i need to get the /find, /broadcast [dunno how to set the
permissions for that, since documentation blows ont his aswell], fix the=

user info and the hanging slots. oh and its currently only using CAP for=

macos binaries and enabling netatalk would be really handy. so you can
have access to the data not only through the server which is pretty slow=

and complicated since you cannot tranfer folders...

i tried the package you made [http://gizmo.minet.net:8080/hxdpkg.tgz] bu=
it is only 4k and tar returns the error:

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: child returned status 1

i dunno what went wrong here, but maybe you can check the file you put u=
p...

thx for now...

-Jojo

>> so i was wondering if anyone would care to put some efford into this =
and
>> port at least the server to NetBSD.
>
>I've run it last year, and according to what you said, I understood it
>still works today. Hence I don't undestand what you are looking for=3F =
You