Subject: Re: Clarification request: PPP and NetBSD 1.5
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/28/2001 10:17:28
I don't know anything about the internal modems on the newer machines, but
I can tell you that pppd in NetBSD 1.5 has two problems:

The first is that it has trouble with negotiation of IPs if you have the
wrong options.  I *believe* that this won't bite you if you're doing outbound
ppp.

The second is that the kernel has a bug deep in the bowels of the interrupt handling machinery that makes PPP very sluggish.

If you can get the modem to work, and your ppp connections either don't
negotiate PPP properly or are sluggish once up, then I think workarounds
are available.

-dgl-