Subject: Re: How to boot netbsd on iMac...
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Emre <emre@srengineering.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/27/2001 21:26:06
On Saturday 27 January 2001 16:35 US Central Time, Todd Vierling wrote:

>     ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/macppccd.iso
>
> This version will boot *properly* on all macppc's.

Todd,

Thanks for the advice.  I burned the CD and it worked as you said.  I
installed NetBSD on the iMac, but now I don't know how to boot it.  I went to
the macppc FAQ again and it says to use something like:

boot hd:netbsd

Which makes sense, but somehow it won't boot.  The FAQ said to set some
variables in OF, like load-base etc, but those are for 2.4 and below, and I
have 3.  Is there anything I need to specify before I try to boot from 'hd'?
Or am I using the wrong command all together.

Thanks for the help so far, I really appreciate it.
(PS it complains about not being able to find some partition or something...)

--
Emre Yildirim, Information Security Officer
GPG KeyID 0x92FE42F4 | http://1086362465/emre-dsa.asc