Subject: Re: setting server mode on a G4 running NetBSD
To: Joshua Teague <jteague@allegronetworks.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/23/2001 15:26:16
On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 11:33:49AM -0800, Joshua Teague wrote:
> need some help setting my G4 to run in server mode.  i want it to
> automatically reboot if it loses power.  any help you can give me would be
> great.

Not sure if we have a way to set this from within NetBSD, but I only
ever set it once (under MacOS), and have since wiped MacOS out
without losing the setting...

Using the Power Management (or whatever it happens to be called on
your particular MacOS minor version, blwh) control panel to
"automically reboot after power loss" *will* work. (Well, it does
for me on a 7500.)

If you've already done away with MacOS, I expect you can set this
from a copy of the control panel having booted from CD, but I'm not
positive.

(It strikes me as an OF-like thing to set, but I don't know where it
lives and have never taken the time to find out.)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net