Subject: console devices ownership?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/21/2001 20:59:18
All,

This is a generic NetBSD question, but I'll ask here anyway... :) Is
there a file or other mechanism under NetBSD to automatically change
the ownership of "console devices" (eg, /dev/console, /dev/cd0?,
/dev/audio*, /dev/wskbd0, /dev/wsmouse0, etc) to the user who has
logged into the console (and back to root when he logs out)?  I'm
looking for something analogous to SunOS 4's /etc/fbtab and SunOS 5's
/etc/logindevperm (for those familiar with those).  This can be done
when logging in with xdm using /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/{Give,Take}Console,
except I'm not currently using xdm... :)

John