Subject: re: L2CR_CONFIG in cpu.c
To: M L Riechers <mlr@rse.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/20/2001 14:20:24
At 20:05 -0800 1/5/01, M L Riechers wrote:

>I believe I lucked out in selecting L2RAM_PIPELINE_BURST for my Newer
>Tech card.  I suspect that if I chose any other value, I would get
>what you got.  I poured through any and all documentation I could find
>from Newer Tech, but found nothing pertinent.  I would try to reverse
>engineer the chips on the card, but a nice, big, harry heat sink's in
>the way.  Now that Newer Tech has met its great reward, hope is gone
>to actually ask them.
>
>Anyone know where to find this info, particularly for the Newer Tech
>and Sonnet cards?  Discussion groups, tech info repositories?
>
>Again, much obliged,
>
>-Mike

The other place to look is in the Darwin source code. A friend of
mine, just recently ex-Apple, prodded each of the G3 daughtercard
manufacturers to loan him one of each of their models in order to
make sure that MacOS X would work on them in the
7500/8500/9500/8600/9600 (OF 1.0.5) series machines (despite Apple's
more recent decision to only support MacOS X on G3 model computers
that they built), and while the G3 cache intialization code for those
daughtercards has probably been removed from MacOS X, it is my
understanding that it is still in the Darwin source tree.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>