Subject: Re: Booting off of Adaptec 2940UW
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Mike Bush <mike@ieaccess.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/18/2001 12:08:07
I found a card in my PowerDomain 2930 (AHA-2930U) box. It says to remove the
J-4 jumper (on the card) if you have "an older PCI-based Macintosh". The
card is configured for "new Blue / White G3 Macintosh computers" out of the
box. It says nothing about booting. I can boot directly off this card.

My syntax for booting (with this card) on a G4/AGP is:
boot cd:,ofwboot.elf /pci@f2000000/@d/ADPT.2930CU@3/disk@0:0

Mike Bush