Subject: PowerBook G3 screen dims at boot (NetBSD 1.5)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/17/2001 21:30:00
All,

I'm new to NetBSD/macppc (having run NetBSD/mac68k for some years
now).  I just installed NetBSD 1.5 on a PowerBook G3 (Lombard).  When
the (GENERIC 1.5) kernel boots, however, the screen dims at the point
when the "abtn0: volume/brightness button" is configured by the
kernel, making the screen barely readable.  My system doesn't
currently fully boot (init fails to exec), and needless to say, this
makes debugging a bit difficult... :) Is there any way to keep the
screen from dimming?  Pressing the brightness keys (F1 & F2) has no
effect.  I didn't have this problem when booting the installation
kernel, btw, but then it didn't try to configure a "volume/brightness"
button...

Thanks,

John