Subject: Re: (PC) serial mice and NetBSD
To: Frank , Martijn van Buul <martijnb@stack.nl>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/16/2001 13:12:03
At 10:18 AM -0800 1/16/01, Frank wrote:
>>one-button mouse in X sucks, to say the very least. Having no USB, (and
>>having no USB mouse either), is it possible to use a PC serial mouse
>
>I can't answer your question, but I can suggest an alternative:
> buy a USB PCI card and a USB mouse for about $20 each. The docs
> say this is fully supported.

If you catch the right sales a Fry's you can do it for about $20 and
have it work under MacOS to boot.  They have had, I think, an Inland
Pro USB adaptor for about $12.  Make sure it's the version 2 board
that says it's "Open Host Controller" compatible and it will work
under MacOS 8.6 or later.

For the mouse I found a no-name 3-button USB mouse for $4.50.  Works fine.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.