Subject: Re: 6500/250 opt+comm+f+o not booting ofw
To: None <xephox@gmx.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/13/2001 15:08:04
On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 07:49:49PM +0100, xephox@gmx.net wrote:
> I hooked up the powerpc from its printer port to a PC's
> printer port.  Next, I rebooted from Mac OS and tried
> (several times) to get into ofw by pressing the
> option+control+o+f keys at once right after the chime started
> and releasing just before it finished.  The result is it
> boots into Mac OS.
>
> Before that, when I tried to do the same without both ports
> being hooke up to each other, the screen just blanked.
>
> Is it anything I'm doing wrong or anything else I may try?

The correct key sequence is command (the old "apple" key), option,
O, and F. Make sure you continue holding the keys down, rather than
just tapping them.

If your screen comes up any kind of grey, just reboot and try again
(as long as you hit command-control-power before the memory test,
which begins at the end of the chime, is finished, you won't damage
anything).

Some machines are touchy about the timing, so it may take a few
tries.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net