Subject: Re: powermac 8200/120
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2001 18:24:10
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 02:25:39PM -0800, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> Actually the 7500 was a 601 machine, but the CPU was on a daughter
> card and 604 upgrades are less than $20.  I'm think most people
> wanting to run NetBSD on a 7500 were happy to do the upgrade rather
> than fight the software issues.

Yes, I know.

The host your email ended up on is one. (With a G3 daughter card.)

:^>

My point *here* was that, in the same way that the motherboard and
ROM are similar in the 8500 and 7500 (not nothing about the
respective processors), it seems to make sense that the motherboard
and ROM in the 8200 are similar to those in the 7200.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net