Subject: Re: performa 5400/160 boot
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2001 14:29:20
At 5:43 AM +0900 1/13/01, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>In <20010112202420.A237@antioche.eu.org>
>bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr wrote:
>
> > If there a way to create a bootable SCSI disk from a non-macppc box ?
> > Just dd the CD image ? I have i386 and sparc available ...
>
>IIRC, boot.fs (for floppy) could be used on SCSI disk to boot.
>But mesh SCSI on OF may have problems with disks, too.

Yes, David Henderson reports that this works.  I suspect the CD image
should also work if you just dd it to the raw SCSI disk.  Of course
you wind up with a disk that is only as big as the image and you have
to do your install onto a different disk.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.